XTBG Seed Bank, or the Tropical Plant Germplasm Bank, is an important supporting platform for seed biology studies. It is one of the major germplasm banks in China for the research, collection and conservation of important biological resources.
Since its establishment in 1997, the Seed Bank contributes to seed biology studies. XTBG researchers have made advances in seed science, especially on storage and germination of recalcitrant seeds.
Germination of Hopea mollissima C. Y. Wu
Here are a few examples:
1. Wen Bin. Changes in the moisture and germination of recalcitrant Hopea mollissima seeds (Dipterocarpaceae) in different desiccation regimes. Seed Science and Technology, 39 (1): 214-218, 2011.
2. Wen Bin, Wang Ruling. Pretreatment incubation for culture and cryopreservation of Sabal embryos. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture. 102 (2): 237-243, 2010.
3. Wen Bin, et al. Cytological and physiological changes in orthodox maize embryos during cryopreservation. Protoplasma. 239 (1-4): 57-67, 2010.
4. Wen Bin, et al. Critical moisture content windows differ for the cryopreservation of pomelo (Citrus grandis) seeds and embryonic axes. Cryoletters. 31 (1): 29-39, 2010.
5. Wen Bin, et al. Cytological and physiological changes related to cryotolerance in orthodox maize embryos during seed development. Protoplasma. 236 (1-4): 29-37, 2009.
6. Wen Bin. Storage of recalcitrant seeds: a case study of the Chinese fan palm, Livistona chinensis. Seed Science and Technology, 37 (1): 167-179, 2009.
7.Wen Bin, Song Songquan. Acquisition of cryotolerance in maize embryos during seed development. Cryoletters. 28 (2):109-118, 2007.
8.Yang Qihe, Lan Qinying, et al. Germination, desiccation, storage and germination-accelerating pretreatment of Ardisia virens seeds. Seed Science and Technology, 39 (2): 327-337, 2011.
9.Ma Shuangmei, Lan Qinying, et al. Desiccation tolerance and storability of seeds in Hopea mollissima C.Y. Wu. Seed Science and Technology, 39 (2): 435-442, 2011.
10. Lan Qinying, et al. Changes in germinability and desiccation-sensitivity of recalcitrant Hopea hainanensis Merr. et Chun seeds during development. Seed Science and Technology, 35 (1): 21-31, 2007.
11. Shao Yutao, Yin Shouhua, et al. Desiccation tolerance and cryopreservation of Archontophoenix alexandrae excised embryos at different developmental stages. Seed Science and Technology, 37 (1): 147-160, 2009.